Monday, March 12, 2012

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

All the hype surrounding Incarnate led me to put it on my library queue. At first I thought the book was all hype but then realized it was the real deal.
Ana's a newsoul. In a world full of reincarnated souls, she's certainly different. Some people think she's a bad omen and some think she's new and exciting. But the fear of what a newsoul bring has left her confined to Li's home for the first 18 years of her life. Incarnate starts with Ana's journey to Heart where she's hoping to find answers-who she is, why she's here, and will she be reincarnated. For the first 200 pages, I was interested but I wasn't terribly invested in Ana's story. But then when we get to the costume ball, wow, I was hooked. I had a hard time putting the book down then. Not only did Ana's story get more interesting to me, but things get a little steamy for a bit. That never hurts :)
I loved the idea of being reincarnated over and over again. Since they remembered things from their previous lives, they could continue working on something over time. Imagine having lifetimes to work on a problem or learning a foreign language! Plus there was a bit about matched souls, souls that were destined to love one another. I loved that idea.
Incarnate's a great first book. I cannot wait for the next in the trilogy. Too bad I have to wait a whole year! Others who shared their thoughts on Incarnate: Smart Girls Read, I Read Banned Books, Debbie's World of Books, GReads, Read. Breathe. Relax, and Makeshift Bookmark.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds interesting--despite a slow start. I like the cover, too--it's so "Young Adult," haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After finishing Rose's book about reincarnation..this whole storyline has me very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reincarnation is such a fascinating subject. One of my favorite books, My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares dealt with the issue.

    This one certainly has a memorable cover!

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.