Friday, November 7, 2014

Seven Deadly Sins of Reading

I spied this meme on Trish's blog. It sounded like fun so here we go.

1. Greed. What's your most expensive book?

I don't know if I have one. A long time ago, I bought first editions but I gave that up years ago. I don't buy a lot of books. Most of the ones I buy tend to be paperback. My aunt did give me a beautiful copy of Oliver Twist so that has to be the most expensive one.

2. Wraith. What author did you have a love/hate relationship with?

Jodi Picoult. I used to love her books. Read each of them as they came out. But now I find them formulaic. I've resisted reading her books for years but I can feel myself softening. I know I'll start reading them again. Kind of like an old blanket but isn't what it used to be.

3. Gluttony. What book have you devoured over and over again without shame?

If we are going back to my earlier days then the book would either be any Babysitter's Club book or Sweet Valley High Saga about the Wakefield's of Sweet Valley. I read those books monthly until I was in high school at least. I don't reread as much any more. I did just reread Ready Player One for the second time.

4. Sloth. What book have you neglected due to laziness? 

Wow. There's not enough space to write down every book I haven't read due to laziness. But it's safe to say that any book over 500 pages is going to make me become lazy. The first thing I check is how long is this book. Anything over 500 pages gets shoved down my tbr list unless someone insisted I read it. Even then there is a good chance I won't.

5. Pride. What book do you talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

I gave up doing this a while ago. I don't care if I sound like an unintellectual reader. Reading is my hobby and I don't have to read literature to make anyone happy. If you don't like what I read, go somewhere else.

6. Lust. What attributes do you find attractive in a male/female character?

It's kind of the same for both: stubborn, a little sarcastic, witty, a sharp tongue. Looks don't matter much to me anymore.

7. Envy. What book would you most like to receive as a gift?

The entire Harry Potter Collection in hardcover. I hope to reread those again someday.



2 comments:

  1. I have neglected quite a few books

    ReplyDelete
  2. But even with the Pride, I find that if I even bring up books people look at me crossly. Like I have 10 heads or something. Do most people NOT read?!

    Have you read the Oliver Twist? I was thinking of a readalong next year!

    Thanks for playing along! fun to see your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Shiny! I love comments.